How do I...

Reserve a room or program space on campus

Recreation: Event space reservations will open Monday, August 30th

Events Office: Classroom Lottery will be open for sign-up on August 23rd. They are accepting reservations for large events now.

ASUCLA is accepting reservations for large events. More information about an ASUCLA Lottery will be available shortly.

Bruin Plaza will open for reservations during Week 1.

More information available via

Only signatories can reserve space on campus. Make sure you're chapter's signatories are updated on MyUCLA.

Recreation Spaces

UCLA Recreation manages a variety of the University's recreational and athletic facilities offering recreation, sport, and numerous multi-use options for student and university events. This includes indoor and outdoor spaces such as Sunset Recreation, the Los Angeles Tennis Center, the Wooden Center, and Pauley Pavilion. Signatories need to create an account with Recreation prior to making reservations. Click here for more information and instructions for how your signatories can create an account.

UCLA Events Office

The UCLA Events Office provides venue scheduling and management assistance for non-academic meetings and events organized by Registered Campus Organizations (RCOs/fraternities & sororities). They schedule activities in the University’s general assignment classrooms and outdoor campus quads. In all cases RCOs must have approval from their OFSL Staff advisor to hold an activity on campus.

The Events Office provides event management assistance at no cost to students for RCO events, however there are costs for other event services, such as Facilities room openings, Audio Visual Services, equipment rentals, etc. Visit their website for the scheduling guidelines and procedures for the most common student activities.

ASUCLA Events Office

They can accommodate a wide-range of event needs including equipment rentals, customized buffets and printed programs and awards. ASUCLA’s vast array of amenities with our event-planning experience, attention to detail and personalized service, can help you make any event a special occasion. ASUCLA manages a variety of spaces such as meeting rooms in Ackerman and Kerckhoff Hall, the Ackerman Grand Ballroom, and the Charles E. Young Grand Salon.

Signatories need to create an account with ASUCLA prior to making reservations. Click here for more information and instructions for how your signatories can create an account.

Bruin Plaza

The Student Organizations Leadership and Engagement (SOLE) Office supports reservations at Bruin Plaza. Please use this link to request the use of Bruin Plaza East (near the stage), Bruin Plaza West (near the Bruin Bear), or both areas.

Office of Residential Life

Whether you are planning to host an event, share information, or offer a service for students, there are in-person and virtual resources on the Hill to help you engage with our on-campus housing community. For registered student organizations seeking to co-program an event or program that reaches On-Campus Housing residents, please submit a proposal. Some spaces on the Hill are available for private use via self-serve reservation but may not be used to host programs or events.

Other Frequently Used Spaces

View this resources for an additional list and contact information for frequently used and reserved rooms and locations on campus.

Need to update your signatories?

Visit MyUCLA to change signatories through you chapter or council profile. You can find more instructions on the "Expectations of Recognition" page of our website.

What if I need help funding my program?

There is a multitude of funding available at UCLA offered through many different funding sources. Start here and check in with your staff advisor for other available funding on campus. Only signatories may apply to funding.

Funding is beginning to open up! Please view the below resources for specific dates and deadlines for each funding opportunity.

General Funding Resources

Start here to search for the descriptions of what the funds cover and the application deadlines of available funding resources on campus.

Funding Request System

SOLE, Student Affairs IT, and Campus Life has developed an new online RCO funding system to help student organizations find and apply to funding sources to support their programs. Funding proposals can only be submitted by signatories or group admins. If you need helping changing signatories or creating group admins, please visit your chapter's portal in MyUCLA.

ASUCLA Student Union Event Fund

Any student organization registered with UCLA’s SOLE or OFSL offices qualifies for SUE Fund. The event must be initiated, planned, and produced by the sponsoring student organization. SUE is for for events taking place in an ASUCLA event venue or in Bruin Plaza. SUEF Covers the Basic House Package but SUEF Allocations vary and depend on the venue, length, and additional resources an event requires. For specific questions regarding SUEF coverage, contact your Event Manager.

Campus Life Funding

Campus Life Support for Student Programming (SSP) is only supporting digital engagement grants up to $500 for Winter 2021. Organizations may apply for more than one grant, but the total of all awards may not exceed the $500 maximum. There are limited resources so when the funding pool is exhausted grants will no longer be available. The program will be reviewed for Spring 2021 depending on developments with the Covid-19 crisis.

Digital engagement grants may not be used to purchase technology equipment nor physical hardware (i.e. iPads, Chromebooks etc.). Tools/software to support communications, access, participant engagement & feedback, user enhancements, marketing/notifications, etc. may be eligible for purchase with this funding source.

USAC Funding

Currently, the Undergraduate Students Association (USA) has over 700 student group/departments in their database, alone. As an effort to aid the student groups/departments, they have placed as many documents, forms, instructions and PowerPoint Presentations on their website for your convenience. USA's funds can be utilized through 5 main methods: Payment of Invoice, Purchase Orders, Honorariums, Cash Advances, and Reimbursements. Student groups are granted funds through the process of proposals and hearings. After funds are granted, the funds are transferred into the student group's account (sometimes referred to as a department) in the SGA office.

Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Office Funding

Interested in applying for funding directly from Equity, Diversity and Inclusion? In certain circumstances, our Office will partner with you to provide programming that advances UCLA’s mission of building equity for all. To apply for funding, please complete the EDI Funding Requests online application.

*Currently closed but updated information will be available for the 2021-2022 academic year shortly.

Office of Residential Life

The Funding and Advisory Board (FAB) Funding Request Form will open September 6th. Registered campus organizations can request supplemental funding for events they plan to host on campus or for events which are being co-programmed with Residence Life. Funding requests will be reviewed by FAB beginning week 2 of fall quarter. Residence Life
is only reviewing requests for events occurring fall week 3 through spring week 10.

Safety and Risk Mitigation

Event Insurance

Do you need insurance for your event? You'll need to include the UC Regents as an additionally insured body so you may need to purchase additional insurance for your event. Visit Campus Connexions for additional information and reach out to your staff advisor for more assistance.

Liability Waivers

Do you need a liability waiver for your event? Click here for available waivers that you may use depending on your event. Check in with your staff advisor and your event manager for more information.

UCLA Environmental Heath & Safety

Is your chapter looking to participate in a bake sale fundraiser on Bruin Walk? If so, remember that you need EH&S approval.

How to Help Students in Crisis

Case Management Services has launched a new CCLE Collaboration site titled, “How to Help Students in Crisis.” This site features information about our office and other support services for undergraduate students and graduate students including:

Information about crisis management
Tools for faculty members
Training opportunities
Graduate and doctoral student specific resources
A comprehensive resource guide

Los Angeles County Department of Public Health

Looking for the most updated Los Angeles health and safety policies or COVID guidance and protocols? Visit the LACDPH's website for more information.

UCLA Return to Campus Guidance for Events

Events and other gatherings — like receptions, conferences, sporting events and live performances — no longer have capacity limits or physical distancing restrictions and are allowed on campus in alignment with guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, which includes masking requirements. These events do not require prior approval from UCLA Environment, Health and Safety.

Per county guidelines, certain recommendations and restrictions will be in place for larger indoor and outdoor events.
(as of August 12, 2021)

UCLA Mask Requirements

UCLA protocols on physical distancing and face masks are aligned with guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the state of California’s Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA), including the LACDPH’s new orders on mask wearing.

Updated Aug. 12, 2021

Mandatory COVID-19 Testing

On July 26, UCLA resumed mandatory weekly testing for all those living, learning or working on campus, regardless of vaccination status. This includes those who previously opted out of testing.

COVID-19 testing at UCLA is being conducted via self-administered saliva swab tests. As previously communicated, anyone with an active BruinCard may retrieve up to two of these tests per week at no-charge through vending machines and distribution centers located throughout the campus.

Updated August 9, 2021