We know that as UCLA prepares for the fall quarter there are many questions that may arise. The staff within OFSL are working closely with council and chapter presidents to adjust to the changing allowances for programming and events in an in-person environment. This following subpages will provide guidance for chapter operations for students, housing recommendations and guidance for students, advisors, and house corporations, campus resources, and frequently asked questions for parents and families. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the type of event or program that chapters and councils are allowed to host.
As times are ever changing, we are committed to updating these guidelines and recommendations. Please check back to this website for updates. Links to UCLA's response are available on the top banner of this website.
This website was last updated on December 28, 2021
- Remote start to winter quarter instruction and COVID-19 booster requirement
- Classes will begin remotely on January 3rd.
- All students should plan to return to campus no later than January 9th to participate in the testing protocol.
- Boosters are now required for all who are eligible. Students are required to submit their proof of a vaccine booster by January 18th.
- As all classes are being moved remotely, all group activities will be moved remotely as well.
- Winter travel reminders and return-to-campus health protocols
- All Greek students are recommended to take a COVID-19 test upon their return and a second test no later than January 6th.
- Important additions to protocols for campus events and departmental holiday gatherings
- What we know about the omicron variant
- Supporting a Safer Holiday Season
- Proof of vaccination or exception with negative COVID test to be required for entering certain UCLA facilities
- This includes Kerckhoff Hall where OFSL is located
- UCLA Indoor/Outdoor Organized Event Temporary Protocol (effective through December 1)
- Includes requirements for symptom clearance survey checks, vaccination/testing checks, mask requirements and food serving limitations
- Reminder of Mandatory Daily Symptom Monitoring Survey
- Updated COVID-19 Protocols for fall 2021 instruction
- Indoor masking to resume at UCLA
- COVID-19 vaccines requirements at UCLA
- Self-administered COVID-19 Saliva Tests available
- Revised UCLA COVID-19 policies in effect
- Events and gatherings allowed in alignment with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- The public health order is applicable to both private apartments and chapter houses. The LA County Dept. of Public Health recently updated the Health Officer Order to align with State guidance on private gatherings, which allow limited private gatherings with three or fewer households. It should be noted that dormitories/residence halls, group living situations, boarding houses, fraternities and sororities are specifically excluded from the definition of a household.
Chapter Resources for Current Students
Whether you living in an apartment or a chapter facility, click here for resources for setting up your living space that you share with others.Recruitment & Intake
We know recruitment and intake may look different as we return to in-person while still engaging in hybrid programming. Click here for resources and staff consultations to help develop your fall events.Virtual Engagement
Click here for more resources about how to keep your chapter members engaged.
Resources for Current Students
Click here if you have tested positive or been contacted by a contact tracer.
Check out resources from the RISE Center and CAPS to focus on your physical and mental well-being.COVID-19 Testing
Check the Ashe Center for information around where and when to get tested.Reporting Concerns
Click here to report a case of COVID-19 or concerning behavior related to gatherings or events.