Rho Lambda is the National Panhellenic Recognition honor society for women. UCLA is proud to host the Iota Zeta chapter of Rho Lambda on our campus for women who are members of our Panhellenic Council sororities.
The letters "Rho Lambda" signify "Panhellenic Leadership." The purpose of this organization is to honor those women within Panhellenic, who have been outstanding in the display of demonstrated leadership, ability and loyalty to Panhellenic and their sorority. The colors of the organization are crimson and gold.
Rho Lambda was founded at the University of Miami (FL) in 1962. It served as the Panhellenic counterpart to The Order of Omega, which at that time was open only to fraternity members. In 1974 Rho Lambda received permission from the National Panhellenic Conference to become a national organization.
Candidates for membership must be nominated by a sorority chapter president or advisor or a current Rho Lambda member. Rho Lambda will then extend an invitation to apply for membership to each nominee.
Qualifications for nomination and membership include:
- Women who, in the opinion of the membership of Rho Lambda, have displayed outstanding leadership, ability, and loyalty throughout their years of sorority affiliation.
- The woman must be an Active member in their 3rd or 4th year of college. She must have been an active, initiated member of her sorority for at least two full quarters.
- The woman must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at UCLA.
- A transfer student is eligible after one full quarter at UCLA, providing she meets the other requirements.
- All women must have an overall grade point average of at least 2.5.
Costs and Information:
- $57.50 for pin, chords, and certificate
- Applications Due: April 29th at noon.
- Initiation is March 12th. Wear all Black.
Download a Rho Lambda Application Here!
Rho Lambda Honor Society
Office of Fraternity and Sorority Relations
University of California, Los Angeles
109 Kerckhoff Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1376